Monday, May 1, 2017

Leadership Meeting, Family Tree, and 1 2 3






It was a great week this week everybody. We worked well in our area and although we didn't have the results we might have liked we feel good about the effort. 

On tuesday we had a leadership meeting and it went well, they made some changes to the weekly schedule and meetings and that was good. They also announced that we will now be allowed to go to the temple with recent converts to help them do temple work. I am excited because we will be going to the temple next saturday, woo hoo! That has been a highly anticipated event for me. 

I was helping a recent convert do family history work, when we finished with him I showed him my family tree. When the family history consultant for the stake saw how long my tree went she was in awe. My family tree is pretty awesome, it is enjoyable to do genealogical work.

When we sing hymns with people I always tell them, "ok, count to three to start us off". That is a confusing instruction to people, it is always entertaining when people say things like: "Ok, here we go.....3!" or they'll say" one" and look around like someone else is going to say two. One man just stared at me blankly and I repeated the instruction to him several times, he finally understood, turned to his side and yelled to his daughter "Did you hear that? Count to three!". You can't help but laugh sometimes, these people are great.

I enjoyed my study of scripture this week. I enjoy reading of the missionary work of Alma and the Sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. They really show a good example of how we should approach the work and fear the Lord and not men. I love to read the Book of Mormon and the New Testament and I learn continually. I know that the scriptures are true and that Jesus Christ is the Savior. 

I hope you all enjoy that nice spring weather. 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment