Tuesday, December 27, 2016

My 2nd Christmas in Central America


It was a wonderful Christmas week. It was also very busy. We are visiting some great people and it is nice to see how receptive they are and excited to change their lives.
We hard a Christmas party at the church this week, that was a big event. We got about 100 people there so that was great on Wednesday. On Thursday we had a really  big activity! We set up a big projector screen right in the town square with videos from the church and we talked with everyone who walked by, giving them copies of the Book of Mormon, pamphlets, cards, and candy. I was dressed as Santa Claus so I was giving out candy to everyone, taking pics with kids. I think Santa Claus was a little to young and skinny in my place, but the kids didn't seem to care.
We helped paint a shack the other day with Elder Ostler my former companion, he did an interchange with me as AP. We are great friends and we helped a guy named Obed to paint a shack, we had longer arms so we made the job a lot easier for him. It was fun to be with Elder Ostler again.
I got to call my family yesterday. It was great to be able to talk with them, it was the highlight of the Christmas for me. I was very happy to see everyone, to see my grandparents, everyone just looks so good. I was wishing I could just climb through that screen, right out of the suffocating humidity into my cozy living room. But, Skype hasn't added that feature yet so I was unable to do that, maybe for Mother's day.
I am doing great, I am so happy to have the gospel in my life and to come closer to Jesus Christ. It was a great Christmas season, I hope that everyone is doing well back at home. I love you all and wish you a happy new year.
Elder Gardner

Me as Santa Claus






No comments:

Post a Comment