Monday, December 19, 2016

Belize Navidad, It's going to be a hot Christmas





The weather here has cooled down a lot, we still got humidity to nearly 100% but we are usually only in the 80's or 90 degrees instead of well over 100 degrees. 

Some crazy things happened this week. A large drunk man tried to mess with the sisters while walking in Belize City. I immediately stopped, went over there, and forced the guy away so the sister missionaries could run away. To keep the story short the man got really physical and aggressive in his pursuit of the sister missionaries so I had to keep holding him back. He continued to try and make his way through me as we were walking on a sidewalk over a bridge, I put up an arm-bar and pushed him back repeatedly. He was walking behind me, trying to make his way through, it was somewhat difficult because I was always carrying a suitcase for another sister missionary at the same time! The man finally stopped trying to force his way through and he punched me in the back of the neck!

I was shocked! It didn't hurt so much, but I was surprised. The man immediately ran away, so it was good that the conflict ended at that. Everyone around said that the guy hit me extremely hard and that it made a sickening noise. I feel that it was a miracle that I wasn't really hurt. But, at least the sisters were fine and I have a great story to tell! I have enjoyed telling everyone about that experience!

We found an awesome family this week called the Gentle Family, they already went to church many times before and listened to the missionaries. They told us that they had been waiting for us to come and that they want to be baptized. They are really cool, it was a miracle how it all worked out. 

I'm doing great and I'm grateful to be a missionary. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom built up on the earth to bless the human family in these latter times. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior, and although He was born in April, it is great to celebrate Him in this Christmas season. I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and keep the ultimate gift close to you.

With love, 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment