Monday, October 31, 2016

A New Transfer, I'm Going to Finish off Another Companion

Elder Wallentine

Elder Rojas


Bald Chicken- common in Belize


Elder Erickson

When you are a missionary's last companion in the mission they say that you "kill" them. If that is the case I'm a 3 time killer. 

I stayed here in San Ignacio. In this area I basically speak English to all of the people with a few exceptions and then I always speak spanish with my companion beause he can't speak english. So lots of times I end up doing all of the talking, I have a tendency to talk to much anyways so this is easy. But it is ideal when companions can take turns talking. 

We are teaching a lot of families and we are having some success with that. We are teacing them and they are receptive but it is very difficult for them to come to church.

I'm enjoying the opportunity to be here and I can feel the Spirit tell people that what we teach is true. I'm grateful to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm working hard down here in Belize under this hot hot sun. I'm enjoying each day and the time seems to fly by. I know of the reality of eternal families and I believe that through the gospel we can be united with our families for time and all eternity. This is the goal of our missionary efforts, to help people be with their families forever. 

Have a great week, 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment