Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week before Transfers ‏ 3/2816


Elder Nathan Gardner
Easter Celebration in the streets of El Salvador



Elder Haynes, Gardner (Nampa guys)

 what made me the most happy was to see a guy named Juan Montano. He was an investigator in my first area that we taught in a shack an hour's walking distance from our house.  although it seemed impossible at that time that he would ever except the gospel I saw him yesterday and he is planning on going to the temple. No effort is wasted!




We had a very eventful week this week and some encounters with strange people. There are a ton of drunk people always just wandering through the street that want to talk to us, I always say hi and invite them to church because I feel bad if I ignore them. So this one guy named julio Barahona isn't 100% mentally and I saw him in the street this week and invited him to church. 

I never imagined in a million years that this guy would come but he came, he wanted to sing to me, dance in the church and he just caused a grand disorden. He was really loud and he was really irreverant, but we helped him to calm down and he stayed relatively quiet. It was quite funny to watch, he wanted to go up and sing through the microphone but we didn't let him. So, we visited him later on and he can't remember anything because he lost his mind but he came to church, so we'll be nice to him but it would be impossible to teach him. If you have ever seen the movie ELF, imagine having him in church, it was exactly like that, funny but frustrating. 

On saturday we had a activity in the chapel that is next to the temple. This activity was for all less active members and new convert who wanted to come and see the temple grounds and learn. I was in charge of teaching baptism in front of the baptismal font in the chapel. It was fun, but what made me the most happy was to see a guy named Juan Montano. He was an investigator in my first area that we taught in a shack an hour's walking distance from our house. My companion didn't really want to go visit him but we continued and although it seemed impossible at that time that he would ever except the gospel I saw him yesterday and he is planning on going to the temple. No effort is wasted!

We visited with several members this week and one night we did visits with Hermano Eber Amaya in his truck, we were driving and there were a bunch of baby kittens in the street. We just plowed them over! It is a little sad that many baby kittens had to die, but, when Hno. Eber started laughing I did as well. I guess those kittens were saved a life of misery in the streets here:(

Overall I am doing great, I have a front row seat to see how the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ changes people's lives. I've seen people quit addictions, become happy, and find hope through this gospel. I know the message that I share is true and I am always trying to improve how I share it. 

I hope all of you have an incredible week,

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment