Monday, March 21, 2016

A week full of meetings




Zone Layco

President Hintze

Sister Hintze

old companions Zelaya and Perez




Well, this week was a week full of meetings. 
 
On tuesday I sat in the equivalent of what is a City Hall here in San Salvador trying to get this birth certificate for one of our investigators so he can get married and baptized. 

On wednesday we went to the temple and did an endowment session. 

On friday we had a multizone conference with President HIntze. 

On saturday we had a ward conference with the Stake Presidency, this meeting was impressive to me. The Stake got after the ward a litle bit due to their failures in some organizational matters but it always impresses me how well organized that the church is. 
So we had a week with a lot of meetings and a lot of time was spent in sitting which is someting than I am not opposed against, but I get tired of it very quickly. 

On the way home from one of these meetings I started talking to this random dude in the bus, he had a next door neighbor that died but he said that I reminded him of the next door neighbor. This neighbor had been praying to God to find the true church of God, he said that he'd read in Ephesians 4:5 which says "One faith, one Lord, one baptism". So this guy was going to all of the churches looking for the true church. This guy said that his neighbor had revealed to him that the Mormon Church was true and was shortly thereafter baptized. 

I then invited this guy if he would like to come to church as well to see if the church is true, and he told me that he would go although he lives far away from my area.

So, we have this investigator who is a chiropractor but has a drinking problem. We found him in the street drunk one day and he wanted to work on my back, he had never offered to do this before, so I was a little concerned. Especially since this guy was obviously drunk, but I took off my backpack and he did some chiropractic moves on me and it felt great!! So my back feels like a weight has been taken off now! 

We also have an investigator named Rogelio, he has a serious drinking problem but is making huge strides in improving his life. Since he has started meeting with us, he has stopped drinking for 11 consecutive days, he went from being a complete drunk in the street to having stopped for 11 days. Rogelio is an amputate and usually we walk with him to church but he arrived by himself this week so that was awesome to see. 

Overall I am doing great, I had a Wendy's hamburger on Saturday. That may not sound to special, but everytime that I have a hamburger I am just left wanting more and more and then a milkshake. But, you know what, sometimes you got to wait for the good things. 

I know Jesus Christ lives, I am here in El Salvador as His representative, inviting everyone to repent and be baptized to have a more full life. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior and that He gave up His life as a sacrifice for our own lives, for this knowledge and testimony I am very grateful. I think that a proper knowledge of our Savior and trying to become more like Him is more valuable than anything here in this earth. "Lay up your treasures in heaven" 

I was reading in the book of Matthew and a scripture I have read many times called my attention Matthew 10:39"He that saveth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall save it" 

Everyone have a great week and be sure to enjoy the little things and your families!

With best regards,

Elder Nathan Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment