Monday, April 25, 2016

I speak at a wedding‏


they got married and baptized!‏




baleadas




This was a good week, we had a lot of opportunities to serve people and to teach people. We had a wedding/baptism on saturday. This couple, the Velasquez family, had been living together for quite some time and they got married so they could be baptized. It was a really good experience, I spoke at the wedding and I share some scriptures about how marriage is of God and it is not good for man to be alone. 

It was weird to speak at the wedding/baptismal service, but I enjoyed it, marriage is a topic I feel slightly inexperienced with given to the fact that I have never been married. But it was fun! I told everyone how to have a good marriage with no experience!

On tuesday I went to the area of Barberena, I think I got food poisoned or maybe Dengue because I got dizzy in the street and passed out! We were in a super dangerous area and after laying down for 10 minutes I had to keep moving due to an imminent lack of safety. But I made it back to the house in Barberena and I vomited up every thing I had eaten in the 2 days previous. I never have felt so sick for an hour period in my life. I felt like my stomach was expanding like a balloon, but now I am all good! I am overall pretty healthy, I think the key is always drinking lots of water (filtered water here).

I got my haircut this morning, the music was so loud in the little barber shop I couldn't hear the man asking me how I wanted my hair cut. But with hand symbols I explained but the results were not overly desirable:/

But all in all I am doing great, we have lots of people that we are teacing that are changing their lives and that makes me happy. I talked to a guy named Jose Angel on the street 3 months ago and asked him how he was doing. He and his son were baptized over a month ago and his wife will be baptized this weekend. The change in their lives is obvious, it makes me so happy to see the happiness that this gospel brings to people in their lives. People change habits, and in the process they change themselves with the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

I testify that the Book of Mormon is true and that I am exactly where the Lord wants me to be. I am happy to be a missionary and I feel it to be very strange that I have been at this for almost a year. Time is a merciless enemy. 

I hope everyone has a great week, with best regards,

Elder Nathan Gardner


Me in the street, really sick






No comments:

Post a Comment