Monday, March 20, 2017

Looking for New Investigators and Teaching Deportees




We had a good week, as usual. Elder Burris and I are getting along well and we had an abundance of new investigators this week. We are also teaching two guys who lived in california for over twenty years. They speak perfect english, but they also have a lot of crazy ideas since they lived in L.A. for such an extended period of time. We tried to explain the three kingdoms of glory as described in 1 Corinthians 15: 40/42, but he was convinced that God has created a separate place where all of the "warriors" will go for the eternities to continue to battle. 

I ate a lot of fruit this week, mangoes, bananas, apples, oranges, pineapple, jocote, maracuya, green mangoes (not the same), and also I ate some of those mini bananas that are very sweet. Basically, I enjoyed the tropical fruits this week. 

I had a problem with my eye this week and I was forced to wear my glasses for a few days, people would just look at me weird with those glasses. I'm glad to be healthy again and to have my contacts back in. I'm happy to be in the mission, I don't have a ton to report this week.

Everybody seems to think that we don't believe in the Bible here, but I spent a LOT of time this week clarifying that. Several people admitted to us that they love the Bible more than their own children and that only by reading the bible can we be saved. Some people here like to read their bibles on the sidewalk in front of their houses so everyone will see them, I find this sad. They obviously have misunderstood the Savior's command to do good works in secret so that God will reward us openly. But I love the people here, a lot of them have great intentions and they are all very sincere, I wish the best for all of them. 

I hope you are all enjoying the spring weather, I send the best regards. 


Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment