Monday, March 13, 2017

Hospital Fraud, Toe Surgery, and Compton, Californina NG Nathan Scott Gardner Reply| Today, 10:06 AM

How is everyone doing this week? I'm doing fantastic and I hope all of you are finding joy in your everyday routines and interactions with others. 
Inline image 1
We had a meeting on tuesday for all of the zone leaders and after the meeting we went to the hospital to remove Elder Burris's ingrown toenail. He forgot his insurance card so we weren't going to be able to do it that day. But we just switched nametags and he went in under my name because I had my insurance card, so Nathan Gardner got an ingrown toenail taken out on tuesday. I was shocked by the hospital, it is supposed to be the nicest hospital in the country but they didn't even make us present ID. So, Elder Burris got operated on under my name. It is all the same insurance so it doesn't really matter but it was funny. 

We found a ton of new investigators this week, we even found one that lived in Compton for 20 years so we teach him in English. He is a cool guy and he was deported for drugs, but he is a good guy and his undesirable return to El Salvador has humbled him a lot. We actually have another appointment with him tonight. 

My companion and I are getting along great, we are giants walking around in these streets. One thing that has always been annoying are the teenage girls that say things to us as we walk by. One girl told us this week "I love you" in english, we just laughed. I think it is funny how people have no shame to say things here, the culture is great in El Salvador, I'm well adjusted now. 

I have enjoyed my study of the New Testament recently, I finished studying the 4 gospels and I always love reading about the Savior. I always am interested about how He was focused on others and their welfare at all times rather than His own. His life was really an example of selflessness. I am happy to be in the mission, I know that the message I share with people is true. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week! Stay classy and enjoy the upcoming spring weather, it never stopped being hot here....

Elder Gardner




No comments:

Post a Comment