Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Why I am writing on Wednesday?












It's wednesday and it's strange because usually we write on mondays. But due to several meetings with Area Seventy President Duncan our p day was changed until wednesday. 

It was great to hear from President Duncan, he shared many inspiring messages and showed us how we can improve our missionary work. He used a lot of examples and analogies to present, and also videos which made it an engaging and interesting meeting although it lasted nearly 6 hours!!! 

A lady from Texas that lives in the neighboring branch of Santa Elena invited our whole district to a restaurant for a Thanksgiving dinner. It was excellent, I got turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, veggies, belizean rice and beans, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce. It was all quite delicious and very very good. That one meal just about made my day, I was very gracious towards the lady who invited us. 

Later that day, (Thanksgiving), I saw three tourists walking and they stopped us to say hi. they told us they were from Boise and I told them I was from Nampa. It was fun to talk with them, I know where they live and they know Nampa. They say the heat in Belize was just suffocating to them, haha, I know what they mean. I tried to share about the Restoration with them and I gave them a pamphlet, one of the girls has a boyfrined who is a Latter-day Saint so maybe she will go to church. 

We also had another tourist family come from Colorado with their 6 young kids, they were a great example of punctuality and reverence at Sacrament Meeting for all the members. I appreciated it and I talked with them a little bit. 

We are doing good here in our area. I know a lot of people by now, which is great. I know people, their kids' names and I know where they work and all those little details. Our investigators our progressing slowly right now but it is OK. I'd like everyone to accept, and do so quickly but it all will come in the Lord's timing. I'm grateful for Jesus Christ and it was great to reflect on Thanksgiving about all that God has given me in my life. I'm grateful for all of it. 

I hope you all have a great week and start you countdown to Christmas strong. 


Love, 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment