Monday, November 14, 2016

Election Week Still Affects Belize



I don't know how many times people have yelled "Donald Trump" at me this week. Many people down here are unhappy that he won because they think that he will throw everyone out of America that isn't white! It is amazing how the media confuses people into believing such things. I didn't even vote and as a missionary I need to stay quiet on my views because I'm a representative of the church. But that election has fired people up all over the place, it has caused some to harass me but it is more amusing than annoying. 

It was hot again, it always is. I love sunscreen, that is one of the great blessings in my life right now. The Belizean people don't use sunscreen, they just carry big umbrellas all day. I think that if I didin't have sunscreen I would do that to. Because sometimes, it is just so hot. 

I'm always enjoying the Belizean food, I eat pretty well here in San Ignacio thanks to a member who cooks for us named Sister Kay. I'm in good health and I've been blessed throughout my mission with good health in order to continue working hard. 

My companion has 24 days left, every morning he wakes up and screams the number of days that he has left. He also tells me how many days I have left in my mission in order to try and get me "trunky" as well  (I have just over 230 days left). 

We are progressing down here in Belize, little by little we are helping these people to change their lives and come closer to Christ. The only problem for us many times is that we cannot change people, we can invite them, explain the gospel to them, but in the end, they must decide. They must take the decision to accept Jesus Christ, and have the faith to ask God if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know how happy the gospel can make people and how much it can bless their lives, I just wish the people would see that and open their hearts. 

Have a great week, 

Elder Gardner



No comments:

Post a Comment