Monday, June 5, 2017

Two Decades and Wow, It's almost been two years.






Well, it was a great week and we worked very hard in our area here in Ciudad Arce. I enjoyed visiting all week long and working with my companion. We were happy to see several investigators and less active members come to church. 

I turned 20 this week, that came quickly. The district of missionaries here threw me a little surprise party. They had balloons, cake, and a little scavenger hunt for me. I'm pretty sure the sisters were behind most of the planning, very nice of them. It feels good to be recognized every once in awhile. 

I got an email from our mission office this morning, and to my surprise I saw, my flight plans! That changed my mindset a lot, I will be getting home after 8 on thursday so it's official, I'm going home. 

I liked the talks that were given in the General Conference in April to all priesthood holders by Elders Uchtdorf and Eyring. I liked how they talked about serving others and expecting nothing in return, to "Lift Where You Stand", to believe that your service to others is valuable in whatever capacity you fill, and about the importance of helping others in our service. Sometimes we seek to do things ourselves in the best and most efficient way, however, oftimes it may be helpful to delegate to others to allow them to grow as well. I know Jesus Christ lives and our eternal progress is His work and allowing us to help Him and serve others is a privilege. 


I hope you all have a great week, 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment