Monday, June 12, 2017

Mushroom Omelet, BBQ Pork, and Apostolic Visit








We had a great week this week working in our area, my companion, Elder Acuna is a great day and it is a pleasure to go out and work each day. I love being a missionary and we are doing awesome! It was great to have several investigators and less actives in church yesterday, they enjoyed church and they were smiling!

Elder Renlund, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles visited all the missionaries from El Salvador on Tuesday. We packed into the chapel that lies by the temple and we heard some powerful teaching and he motivated everyone to have great faith, attitude, and effort. I got to shake his hand, I told him where I was from and he knew where Nampa, Idaho was at! That was cool, it was a fun to see many former companions and friends as well at the multi mission conference. 

I had my last interview with my mission president on Friday. He gave me a lot of advice for the future and formally thanked me for my service. I told him "Hey, wait a minute...." "I'm not done yet! I still have 4 weeks left!" He told me I was right, I'm not done yet. But, it was a good experience and there is a lot to look forward to after the mission is over. 

We had some strong spiritual lessons this week teaching people about the sacrament and the importance of it. We emphasized this especially with less active members. 

I was very hungry on wednesday afternoon and as we were visiting I kept thinking about BBQ Pork, for some reason I just really wanted a BBQ Pork sandwich. I thought this was funny and I just imagined I was eating BBq pork when I got beans, rice, and tortilla for dinner. Also last night, a member family gave us dinner. They served us a mushroom omelet, kinda strange but I ate it all. But then they brought out a plate of cow intestines and I told them I was full. But three other missionaries were eating there as well and they dared to try it, they regretted that decision as two of them just about gagged at the dinner table. El Salvador cuisine is always and adventure. 

I know that through Jesus Christ we will all live again. We will all receive a physcial body and be raised from the dead. If we live the gospel and follow the teaching of Jesus Christ we will be able to live in the presence of God and Jesus Christ forever. This knowledge was restored when God called Joseph Smith to be a prophet, we can learn more about this by reading the Book of Mormon. I know that if we read the Book of Mormon we will come closer to Jesus Christ and be happier. We will come to a greater understanding of our mortal purpose and find joy in this life. 

I hope you all have a great week. 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment