Monday, April 10, 2017

The Rat in Hat and a Former Companion visits

Elder Mejia was my companion in Belize

Elder Lopez


This is the last week of this transfer, it has gone by seemingly fast. I feel as if it just begun, we had a large multizone conference this week and my former companion came. He is visiting from Mexico, but it was very odd for me to see him again. He is just a normal person now, no longer a missionary. I didn't talk to him too much, he just told me that he has been unable to find a girlfriend for the last 3 and a half months. This is coming from the same man who told me he'd be married 6 months after his mission...his chances of meeting the goal are looking rather bleak. 

We had a rat get into our house, it left excrements over all of my things. I was very unpleased with this, those poor choices the rat made led to its painful death. My companion was terrified when he knew there was a rat in the house. He hid in another room and shut the door while I killed it. After I killed the rat I had it on a stick and I approached him with it, that got a girly squeal out of him, haha. The isn't the first animal I've killed in my houses during my mission. I've killed rats, bats, cockroaches, and monkeys.(That part about the monkeys is a joke) 

The missionary work is going well here in El Salvador, we are always looking for more people to teach. We run into a lot of people who know the Bible and are obsessed with it, many people even believe if something isn't in the bible it isn't true and that God is unable to reveal anything else to us. It is difficult to help such close minded people who lack faith in God and His power, if God revealed truth before why can't He now? 

General Conference was great this weekend for all of you who saw it, I enjoyed the talks and the messages from the living prophets. I was glad to watch it in English and hear it in the original language, it just isn't the same in the spanish translation. 

I hope all of you have a great week! Be happy and don't forget to smile! Enjoy that nice spring weather, don't forget to put on sunscreen!

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment