Monday, December 14, 2015

What a crazy week! A lot of stuff happened!






What a crazy week! A lot of stuff happened!

Well on monday we played a little basketball on PDAy and I accidentally hurt my companions lip. So that was a little bad, he went for my pump fake and just naturally I gave the shoulder so I felt a little bad about that, his lip got a little swollen. I still am pretty competitive when it comes to basketball, but it is all fun and just to clarify things, my team won.

I found this one lady named Vanessa who I was teaching before but I lost communication, I randomly just found her in the street. So we are going to start teaching her again, she was about ready to be baptized when we suddenly lost communication so that is good that we found her again!

We unfortunately have an investigator who is stuggling with the Law of Chastity, he is a professor and he gives good grades for sexual relations from his students. We tried to explain about how this is a bad thing that is destroying his marriage, but it is a really sad situation and I am frankly a little disturbed by his actions.

There was a baptism in another part of our mission, but they needed a birth certificate from someone else. So I went to the ghetto town hall and I was able to print their birth certificate and obtain the equivalent of the social security number for $2.50, so that was a little sketchy. So I guess identity theft is readily available here.

So I had diarrhea the other day because I drank some bad water, unfortunately this made for a long Saturday night and I crapped my pants at church.

So I always work with a guy named JImmy and he went a whole week without drinking and we are teaching him, it is really good to see the blessings the gospel brings to his life. He told me that this week has been his best week for his car wash distribution business ever. 

So that is about all for this week, it was a successful week and we taught a lot of lessons. I hope that I can continue to work hard, fortunately the diarrhea has already passed by. I can feel the love of the Lord for the people that I teach that genuinely need help. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and we have already received the greatest Christmas gift that there is, His sacrifice of His life. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that His gospel brings us the most blessings possible in this life. 

I wish you all a happy holidays and would like to invite you all to learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ in this Christmas season. Happy holidays, enjoy the things that are great about the U.S.A. for me, try to spread the joy of the season. 


Love, 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment