Monday, November 16, 2015

man, twas an interesting week




From Last weeks P-day Hike


man, twas an interesting week.


This dog bit me in both legs, it was a little dog but it really hurt. My companion thought it was pretty funny, I don't think I have ever wanted to do bad things to an animal in my entire life. If I ever needed to reason to dislike the nasty dogs of this country even more, this dog gave me one. It took all the self restraint that I had to not kick this dog, and then kick it several more times.

I have been drinking a ton of water, I estimate that I have been drinking 4 liters of water a day. That is my trick to not getting sick, I haven't really been sick at all during my mission thus far and I"m extremely grateful for that. But I have been putting on weight, I think I'm up about 10 pounds. It is pretty bad, I don't like mirrors anymore.

So during this lesson this week I was teaching this guy named Oscar, I couldn't remember his name for some reason and I wanted to ask him a queston. So I began to ask the question and his name just came out of my mouth, I can truly testify that God put that name in my mouth. I felt something really cool in that moment and I feel fantastic that the Lord can work through me.

We helped this guy build his house this week and I wore shorts, this was the first time that I didn't use mosquito spray in several weeks. And usually I always wear pants, but the mosquitoes made me pay severly. I have many bites on my legs, I can't remember a time during this mission where I haven't had at least one mosquito bite.

Some interesting things happened with my companion this week, he tried to convince me that many girls have tried to kiss him during the mission. I don't really believe but I thought that was amusing, he also really likes the photo of my sister, Katelyn. He told me that he would like to visit her after his mission, I have some advice for my sister, run and hide.

Also we did splits with two members of our ward Los Llanitos, I went with Hno. Freddy Matute and we had a great lesson with the FAmilia Espinoza. I felt really good during that lesson and they have a beautiful little family. I hope they can come to feell that the gospel is true and experience the beauty that comes from living it. 

Well, all is good down here in El Salvador. I'm getting fat, I'm having fun, I am enjoying life and I hope for the best always. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I believe that through following and believing in HIm we can discover the joy that we are meant to have in this life. 

With Best Regards to All, 


Elder Nathan Scott Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment