Monday, May 23, 2016

Belize






Wide open field in front of E. Gardner's house




E Rojas favorite meal




How is everyone doing? 


I have been here in Belize now for almost two weeks and it is great here, it is beautiful and the people here are pretty interesting. It is a super laid back culture and very noncommittal. But, I'm doing good. I've had to implement the use of sunscreen into my daily schedule once again because it is hot here! According to our neighbors it gets up to like 105 every day! that is scorching, I have to walk around with a sweat rag to keep the sweat out of my eyes, it is hot!

But besides that all is good here, there is a good unit of the church here in Orange Walk. There are about 100 active members that come to church every week. There are 6 missionaries here in orange walk that form a district. There are my companion and I, as well as 4 other sister missionaries. So, that is what is going on here! I have really enjoyed the culture here, it is fun to go around and see people chilling out on their porches eating fried chicken while wearing lakers shirts. People are always down to talk here and it is fun to here a wide variety of perspectives on religion. 

I have been enjoying some new foods here in Belize, there are a lot of Chinese food, fried chicken, fried jacks, and to my absolute delight they have barbecue chicken! everyone here loves barbecue chicken and they always eat it, I have really enjoyed the barbecue chicken here in Belize. It is a delight. 

We left the back door on our house open earlier this week and a bunch of chickens came in and laid an egg in my clothes, haha that was pretty funny. I had to cast out all of the chickens because my comp didn't want to touch them. 

When I came to this area there weren't many people that the missionaries were teaching, however we have found many people. I am trying to get along with my companion but I have a hard time getting along with slothful people. When I arrived to my house here it was filthy but I have done some serious cleaning and now it looks a lot better. 

I love the work that I am doing and I know that my Savior lives and all I do is boldy testify of HIm and His restored gospel and try to help people have happier lives. I am doing well and I'm in generally good health. I hope each one of you have a great week. 

Take Care, 

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment